Installation instructions video (Dutch Only)
- A bol.com professional seller account
- Prestashop 1.6 or 1.7
Downloading and installation
Once you have obtained the zip file containing the module you can simply upload it through the “modules and services” page in Prestashop.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the “Modules and Services” tab.
- Look under the category “Marketplace” and click on “install” next to the “bol.com connector vx.y.z – by www.appwards.nl“.
The warning message “Do you want to install this module that could not be verified by PrestaShop?” can be safely ignored.
It is common when installing a module that wasn’t downloaded through the Prestashop Add-ons portal.
The first time you install the module it will perform the following tasks:
- Install the module’s files on into your modules directory.
- Create new tables in your database.
- Create new order statuses and configure the module to respond to them.
- Create a new customer group “bol.com”.
- Add an item to the tabs (menu) called “bol.com connector”
Once the installation has finished click the “bol.com connector” tab (menu) item and you should see the module’s homepage.
Let’s first address those warning messages and get you started!
Configure the module for first use
The module’s useful “configure” screen provides access to configuration screens and to useful features such as:
- Mass product updates
- Fixing failing order imports
And if you have just installed the module you will be seeing some warnings here which are the result of the module’s health check.
To resolve these warnings we must:
- Inform the module which order statuses it should watch.
- Provide the bol.com accounts the module needs to get started.
- Teach the module which of the Carriers in your Prestashop installation relate to what “bol.com transporters”.
1. Manage account data
Before the module can do it’s job you must add a bol.com account.
- Click on the “Manage bol.com accounts” link in the “Configuration” section
- At the right top of the screen, his the plus sign to add a new account.
- Fill out all fields. See below for info on how to obtain all account information.
- Click save.
You are now ready to start selling on bol.com.
Obtaining account information
Login to the bol.com backoffice for professional sellers and navigate to the “account” page.
Here you can create one or more sets of API keys.
Copy the Client ID and the Client Secret into respectively the “Public key” and “Private key” fields of the bol.com connector.
2. Configuring order states
In Prestashop, orders have order states. Each order state triggers certain functionality such as the sending of e-mails, registering payments, etc.
During installation, the module creates 4 new order states and configures those to be used for the bol.com connector.
It’s up to you to decide to stick with the default configuration or if you want to change them. The standard configuration is compliant with bol.com.
See the chapter “General configuration” for more details on these states and their behaviors.
3. Importing your product feed (offers) from bol.com
If you are already active on bol.com it is recommended that you import your product feed (offers) right after adding your bol.com account data.