A Cron job (Linux/Unix/Mac) or Scheduled task (Windows) is a way to have a certain action be executed at set intervals or specific times/dates.
It allows you to make the system check for new orders every (say) 2 hours and synchronize the product (offer) feed every weekday at 10:00, 14:00 and 17:00.
On the home page of the module you can find links to manually synchronize the product feed or fetch orders.
You can copy those links (urls) you can use those for your cron or task scheduler.
Or construct them yourself.
The Cron URL structure
http://<your website>/<optional path to prestashop>/modules/bolcom/cron.php?action=<action>&account=<account id>
Variable “action” MUST be one of the following:
- FETCH_ORDERS – Check for new (not yet imported) orders at bol.com and import them.
- SYNC_FTP – Upload the product feed to bol.com, but only if there are changes since the last time the product feed was uploaded. This is the preferred solution.
- SYNC_FTP_FORCE – Upload the product feed to bol.com regardless of any changes that have been made.
Any other value for ACTION will result in an error: “cron: No (valid) cron action specified“
Variable “account id” is optional and can be omitted from the URL.
If specified this should contain an existing “seller ID” (bol.com “verkopernummer”) as specified through the “Manage accounts” screen.
If omitted, the chosen action will be executed for all bol.com accounts.
Fetches the orders for account 1234567 only.
Fetches the orders for all my accounts.
Uploads the product feeds to bol.com for all my accounts. Note that my prestashop installation resides in a subfolder “webshop”.
Uploads the product feed to bol.com for account 9876543 if there changes have been made since the last upload.
Are you not familiar with Cron jobs or scheduled tasks? Then have a look at these tutorials:
- Crontab (Cron for Linux, Unix or OSX)
- Windows 7 Task Scheduler
- OSX Crontab user interface
- Cron tasks manager – A cron module made by Prestashop themselves. Search for it in Modules -> modules